We all love hair extensions, but how many times have you forked out your hard earned money on a set of shiny, soft hair extensions, only to find that after one or two applications (and some careless removal after a big night out), your luxe looking extensions end up looking like they've been dragged through a raspberry bush? They're all knotted, dull and a bit sad looking and you're left wondering what all the great reviews were about.
It's ok, there is most likely nothing wrong with the extensions you bought, it sounds like you just need a little helpful information about caring for your new locks. We want your extensions to stay looking good, and last as long as possible. In most cases, you should be able to reapply them several times before needing to purchase a new set. So keep reading!
Tips for caring for your hair Medusa extensions:
- Wash your hair extensions regularly. You should wash your hair extensions at least once a week, or more often if you sweat or get them dirty. When washing your extensions, use a mild shampoo and conditioner that is designed for human hair. Choose products that are oil free and contain NO sodium laureth sulphate. This will help extend the life of the hair and your maintain your new hair extensions without weight or build-up.
- Brush your hair extensions regularly. You should brush your hair extensions at least once a day to prevent tangles. Use a wide-tooth comb or a detangling brush to gently brush your extensions. Avoid brushing your extensions too hard, as this can damage them.
- Avoid heat styling your hair extensions. Heat styling can damage your hair extensions, so it is best to avoid it as much as possible. If you must use heat styling tools, be sure to use a heat protectant spray on your extensions first.
- Get your tape hair extensions professionally removed. It is important to have your tape hair extensions professionally removed when you are ready to take them out. This will help to prevent damage to your natural hair.
Poorly Cared For Hair
Well Cared For Hair
If our list of tips above weren't enough to make you feel confident about caring for your hair extensions, here are a few more things to be mindful of!
- Sleep with your hair in a braid or ponytail. This will help to prevent your extensions from getting tangled while you sleep.
- Avoid swimming in pools or the ocean with your hair extensions in. The chlorine and salt water can damage your extensions.
- Get your hair extensions trimmed every 6-8 weeks. Trimming will help to remove any split ends and keep your extensions looking healthy.
By following these tips, you can help to extend the life of your Medusas and keep them looking their best. 🌸 Good luck! x
MEDUSA HAIR EXTENSIONS