How to Get Shiny, Glossy Hair Like a Runway Model In 8 Simple Steps
How on earth do those models get hair so shiny and glossy that you can practically use it as a mirror? Is it photoshopped? Well, possibly, but they’ve probably also got a few tricks up their sleeve.
Follow these eight simple steps to an ultra-glossy mane for yourself, just like the girls on the runways in Paris!
Eight Steps to Shiny, Glossy Hair
1.Give yourself a head start by treating your mane to a weekly deep conditioning treatment. Healthy hair has a natural shine to it that can’t be replicated from the application of any product.
2. Use a clarifying shampoo. Too much product build-up in your hair can make it dull. Any brand is fine, just make sure you use it only as directed, as some are for daily use and some are for weekly use. Use of a clarifying shampoo more often than instructed can be far too harsh on your locks, and end up doing more damage than good.
3. Wash and condition your hair, then blast it with cold water for about three seconds. This will seal in the conditioner and make your hair super shiny, just like a shampoo commercial from the ‘90’s!
4. Use a natural boar-bristle paddle brush while you’re blow drying to minimize frizz. Add a spritz of hairspray to your brush. This will tame flyaways as you’re running your brush through your hair.
5. Straighten it. Stick-straight hair looks extremely shiny as the cuticle lying flat reflects the light back out naturally. Instant gloss.
6. Apply light finishing serum to frizzy ends.
7. Finish with a shine spray.
8. Flip your shiny, glossy hair and watch your friends and strangers froth with envy.