How to Wash Clip in Hair Extensions
Clip-in hair extensions are an affordable and 100% non-damaging way to achieve long hair fast. They add length, volume and thickness to your hair in under minutes and maintaining them isn’t hard at all.
It’s not necessary to wash your extensions after every wear, just when you feel they could do with freshening up.
Our X-ten products are designed specifically for extensions. XTEN moisturises human hair extensions without weight or build-up.
Washing your clip in hair extensions
You will need– sink, shampoo, conditioner, towel, brush
Optional– heat protection spray, hairdryer, hair straightener, skirt style clothes hanger
- Remove your extensions and close all clips. Gently brush using a Tangle Teezer if you have any tangles.
- Over the sink using warm water wet your extensions and shampoo with X-Ten Shampoo starting at the top and working your way to the bottom.
- Rinse out from the top to the bottom.
- Condition with X-Ten Conditioner. You can leave this on for a few minutes before rinsing from the top to the bottom.
- Gently squeeze any excess water out of the extensions without wringing
- Detangle gently with a Tangle Teezer.
Drying your extensions
You can leave your extensions flat on a towel to dry naturally (a partially sunny place is good) or you can hang them on a skirt hanger to dry naturally.
You can also gently blow dry your extensions. First, spray a little X-Ten Reconstructor onto them to protect them from the heat.
Finish with a moderate heat straightening iron to make them once again silky straight and lastly a light spritz of X-Ten Shine Enhancement & they’re ready to go.