Get Help to Colour Match your Hair Extensions
If you want stunning looking hair and hair extensions, there are a few steps you must take to ensure the finish is seamless and natural-looking. So how do you colour match hair extensions? How do you blend extensions with your own hair? If you are thinking about buying hair extensions, it can be a question that many of you Medusa beauties ask your stylist, as you don’t want the extension joins or colour difference to be noticeable.
Ask your stylist to help
If you are considering tape in extensions, we strongly suggest having them applied by a professional stylist. And regardless of whether you are planning to purchase tapes, clip-in or halo extensions, your stylist will also be best at helping you to choose the correct extension colours to suit your hair. To do this, they use a colour ring provided by us with sample swatches of all available shades from our range.
Most of our popular mixed colour tones are already made up and sold online, but in cases where multiple colours are involved, you will require a unique blend of various hair tones to perfectly match with your own hair. This is regardless of whether your colour is natural or dyed. We can also custom-create balayage and ombre hair colours for you without the need to colour your hair at all. The most important thing is to get the length and blend exactly right.
Having trouble choosing the best colour or colours you need?
We are always here for you! When buying your extensions online, you will need to match using our colour charts. This can sometimes be tricky if the colour match is not straightforward, but help is always at hand. Here’s how you can ask us for help:
- Upload photos of your hair taken in indirect natural light. Try not to take the pictures in bright sunlight, as we won’t get the true colour.
- Avoid taking photos too close up, try to get your head and shoulders in the picture. It’s easier to ask someone to take them for you.
- Take three photos, front, side and back, making sure the root colour is also clearly visible.
- Let us know which type of extensions you’d prefer to use, clip-in, tape, microring etc.
- Upload the photos and information to email – [email protected] OR hit the little chat icon on the bottom right corner of our website and send us a message there. If you contact us via either of these two methods, you can be sure to get a prompt reply from our colour expert. (Instagram DM’s may take longer!)
Made to Order service.
If we aren’t able to match using our signature blends, we do also offer a custom colour service. The matching process is the same as above, but the main difference is that your extensions will be made, especially for you so that they perfectly match your unique hair colour. And as with anything else that’s custom made, they will take a little extra time. So make sure you allow up to three weeks to receive your order.
We can create beautiful balayage hair, beach hair looks, whatever you wish. Our Medusa colour match hair extensions service allows for a broad range of looks. Time to get creative!
See our full colour-guides here