Spring Racing Carnival Hair
Yep, it’s here again! Race day is a time of year to add some extensions and let your hair down… or put it up and throw on a gorgeous headpiece. Either way it’s time to let your inner fashionista shine from your well-coiffed head right down to your kitten heeled toes.
Here, for you, are our top race day hairstyling pointers, designed to help your day run as smoothly as possible, from the first shot fired, all the way to the finish line!
- It’s best to arrive at the salon with day-old hair. This will make it easier for your stylist to manage, and let your hair oils do their thing in helping your mane keep its own natural shine and hold.
- The look you should be going for is bold, chic, and sophisticated. No matter what hairstyle you decide to run with, you’ll want to make sure your tresses are immaculately styled, sleek and shiny.
If you want an up-do:
- Consider a low bun, teased over a doughnut, so it doubles in size. Alternatively, apply one of our clip in ponytails before styling.
- For something classic and sweet, a chignon will ooze class effortlessly. Tease and curl it before you finish for a little extra oomph under your headpiece.
- You can’t go wrong with whimsical braids: try braiding your hair into a low bun, starting around your face and finishing at the back of your head, then adorn it with a pretty, fresh flower crown.
Don’t forget that your hair needs to complement your outfit as well as your headpiece. It’s not a bad idea to wear your dress to your stylist, then she or he can make sure that everything fits well together.
At the end of the day, race day is as much about enjoying yourself as it is about looking fabulous, so don’t forget to smile, as that’s your best accessory.
Cheers and good luck!