I find avocados easy to love. They’re so versatile, I can eat them on toast, in a salad, or use them as the basis for guacamole. My favourite thing about avocados though, is that as yummy as they taste, they are equally as good for me too!
According to my research, avocados are chock full of fibre, and over twenty different vitamins and minerals. They contain amino acids, protein, around twice as much potassium as bananas, omega-3 fatty acids, and anti-aging antioxidants. What more could you want out of a fruit (yes, fun fact, the avocado technically belongs in the berry family!), than a delicious tasting food that’s actually helping you look and feel better at the same time!
So now we’re clear on the fact that eating this fine fruit will do us wonders from the inside, it’s great to know that applying avocado directly onto your hair is especially beneficial as well.
An avocado hair mask will promote hair growth, inject moisture into your tresses, and revitalise tired strands while improving overall shine, softness and strength to your mane.
Try this avocado-based mask that you can make from items which you’ll find are probably already in your fridge:
- Half of one ripe avocado
- One tablespoon of raw honey
- One large whole egg
- Rosemary oil
- Whisk the egg first in a bowl
- Mash and add the avocado
- Add the honey and the oil
- Apply to your hair and leave for 15-20 mins
- Rinse off with lukewarm water (NOT hot water, as this, will cook the egg in your hair!)
- Shampoo and condition as normal
- Dry and style as usual, enjoying your new, silky, vibrant locks!